Friday, November 9, 2007

age, beauty, smiles, wrinkles


I had a little exchange with my haircut lady today. After massaging my neck and upper back after the haircut (??? yea, I thought it was kinda odd too...) she suggested I buy some anti-wrinkle cream from her. Well, that explains the massage right away, trying to make a sale. I said no, I earned these wrinkles, they're smile lines, don't take them away from me! she said if I stay the way I am for thirty years I'll look great then (does that mean that now I look like an 80 year old???) and that's what the cream will do, stop new ones from forming. I said as long as I'm smiling I'll look alright, that anyone who is smiling is beautiful. She had an image in her mind, apparently, of the worsely wrinkled old folks in the world, and disagreed with me, asked if I'd seen some old people? with really deep and plentiful wrinkles? even when smiling, she said she thought they were not beautiful.
I paid for my haircut and did not buy any wrinkle cream.
And I will find another haircutter.

No comments: